Camp Erin - Albany
Camp Erin 2021!
Date: September 24th-26th
Location: Camp Fowler in Speculator, NY**
**Never fear! While we can't predict the fall of 2021 will bring, we can promise you that Camp Erin will run- whether we meet in Adirondack mountains or virtually, we will find a way to gather and support one another.
Camp Erin Albany is a free, weekend bereavement camp for youth who are grieving the death of a significant person in their lives. Children and teens ages 6 to 17 attend a weekend camp experience that combines grief education and emotional support with fun, traditional camp activities. Led by bereavement professionals and caring volunteers, campers are provided a safe environment to explore their grief, learn essential coping skills, and make friends with peers who are also grieving. There is no cost to families.
55 campers attend Camp Erin - Albany annually, all of which:
- Are aged 6-17 years old and have never previously attended Camp Erin - Albany
- Have experienced the death of a family member or friend
- Have lost their loved one due to any reason, including homicide, suicide, overdose, accident, cancer, illness, suddenly, unexpectedly, or natural causes
Requirements for Camp Erin - Albany
• Grief Services Application – Must be completed by the legal guardian
• Guardian and children must meet with a Grief Counselor
• All paperwork and a photo of the child must be submitted prior to reserving a camper spot
Once accepted for Camp Erin, families will:
• Attend the Ice Cream Social, at Maria College, date & time TBD
• Attend Camp Erin Weekend, Friday Sept 24 – Sunday Sept 26
For more information, please call 518-724-0200
Camp Erin Volunteers
Camp Erin Volunteers
Apply online to volunteer for camp:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. Must have graduated from High School
3. Must have reliable transportation
4. Must complete a background check
To apply for a volunteer position:
1. Complete a Volunteer Application
2. Attend an interview
3. Attend a 2 hour volunteer training
4. Attend the Ice Cream Social, date TBA
5. Attend Camp Erin Albany Sept 24-26
Looking for important grief resources to help a child, friend or family member in your community or nationwide? We are proud to share the Eluna Resource Center. Its straightforward design makes it easy to search for articles, videos, activities, and referrals to local programs. In addition, Eluna offers free personalized recommendations with a 24-hour turn-around.
Eluna partners with bereavement programs in local communities to help fund, develop and grow Camp Erin® nationwide.
Eluna is a public, 501(c)(3) non-profit with a mission to support children and families impacted by grief or addiction. Founded in 2000 in Seattle by former MLB pitcher Jamie Moyer and child advocate Karen Phelps Moyer, Eluna was originally called The Moyer Foundation and launched a series of programs supporting thousands of children and families annually at no cost to them. Camp Erin® is the largest national network of grief programs for bereaved children and teens, Camp Mariposa® is a national addiction prevention and mentoring program for youth impacted by a family member's substance use disorder, and the Eluna Resource Center offers online tools, local referrals and personalized phone and email support for families experiencing grief, addiction and other related issues. For more information, please visit elunanetwork.org.