Camp Erin - Albany
Covid Camp Erin 2023
Location: Boyd Thacher State Park 830 Thacher Park Road, Voorheesville, NY 12186
Date: Saturday August 5th
Camp Erin Pizza Social
Location: Mercy Care for Kids 310 South Manning Blvd #1, Albany, NY 12208
Date: September 15th
Camp Erin 2023!
Location: Camp Fowler Pelcher Road, Speculator, NY 12164
Date: Friday September 22nd - Sunday September 24th
Camp Erin Albany is a free bereavement day camp for youth, who are grieving the death of a significant person in their lives. Children and teens ages 6 to 17 attend a weekend camp experience that combines grief education and emotional support with fun, traditional camp activities. Led by bereavement professionals and caring volunteers, campers are provided a safe environment to explore their grief, learn essential coping skills, and make friends with peers who are also grieving. There is no cost to families.
65 campers will attend Camp Erin - Albany, all of which:
- Are aged 6-17 years old and have never previously attended an in-person Camp Erin - Albany
- Have experienced the death of a family member or friend
- Have lost their loved one due to any reason, including homicide, suicide, overdose, accident, cancer, illness, suddenly, unexpectedly, or natural causes
Requirements for Camp Erin - Albany
• Grief Services Application – Must be completed by the legal guardian by 9/1/22
• Guardian and children must meet with a Grief Counselor
• All paperwork and a photo of the child must be submitted prior to reserving a camper spot by 9/1/22
Once accepted for Camp Erin, families will:
• Guardian (s) attend the virtual Camp Erin preparation meeting, Friday 9/16 5p
• Attend Camp Erin Saturday October 1st!!
For more information, please call 518-724-0200
Camp Erin Volunteers
Camp Erin Volunteers
Apply online to volunteer for camp:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. Must have graduated from High School
3. Must have reliable transportation
4. Must complete a background check
To apply for a volunteer position:
1. Complete a Volunteer Application
2. Attend an interview
3. Attend a 2 hour volunteer training
5. Attend Camp Erin Albany (Day Camp) Saturday Oct 1st, 2022
Looking for important grief resources to help a child, friend or family member in your community or nationwide? We are proud to share the Eluna Resource Center. Its straightforward design makes it easy to search for articles, videos, activities, and referrals to local programs. In addition, Eluna offers free personalized recommendations with a 24-hour turn-around.
Eluna partners with bereavement programs in local communities to help fund, develop and grow Camp Erin® nationwide.
Eluna is a public, 501(c)(3) non-profit with a mission to support children and families impacted by grief or addiction. Founded in 2000 in Seattle by former MLB pitcher Jamie Moyer and child advocate Karen Phelps Moyer, Eluna was originally called The Moyer Foundation and launched a series of programs supporting thousands of children and families annually at no cost to them. Camp Erin® is the largest national network of grief programs for bereaved children and teens, Camp Mariposa® is a national addiction prevention and mentoring program for youth impacted by a family member's substance use disorder, and the Eluna Resource Center offers online tools, local referrals and personalized phone and email support for families experiencing grief, addiction and other related issues. For more information, please visit elunanetwork.org.